segunda-feira, 16 de fevereiro de 2015

Call of the Coyote by Pcoskun



I photographed this image last weekend in one of the most spectacular landscapes in the American Southwest. After wandering around looking at various compositions and unique rock formations, I decided it was time to figure out where I was going to set up for sunset. There were still no clouds in the sky, so I began to hope and pray that we would have a few for sunset. Not a minute later, a small band of clouds could be seen on the horizon. There was still an hour until sunset and I kept hoping that the clouds would build up in time for something dramatic. About 30 minutes before the light show, the clouds had seem to overtake the skies and the clouds I had been hoping for were extending far over my head. All I wanted was a little gap for the warm light to break through. The sunset never blew up like I always want it to, but there were still a few small gaps to allow for some golden light to be scattered across the landscape. After taking the few photographs, my friend and I decided to head back to an area called white pocket to camp and be ready for sunrise there. I set up my tent in the dark as a group of campers enjoyed themselves a hundred yards away. It was a long day wandering around colorful sandstone, so we called it a night. About 30 minutes into my beauty rest, loud shrieks of howling coyotes emerged nearby. They became louder and louder, maybe less than 30 yards from camp. At one point I was convinced they were circling around my tent as I had heard some four legged creatures scampering around after the howls. It was nice to be serenaded by the coyotes, but do they sure make it a little uneasy to fall asleep afterwards. via 500px

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário